Saturday, August 8, 2009

Serious update


It's a serious update because Lexi's health is really declining. I'm seeing my eldest dog, my little girl, deteriorate before my eyes. Lexi has had pancreatitis for over a year now, and she's almost 11 years old. Up until a year ago, she was always very active, and loved running and playing. Now she tires easily. In the past few weeks, she's started to refuse going on walks with me after work, something she's loved doing for years. Today, it really became serious. Normally, we take the girls, all four of them, to Sequoyah Hills park for a long walk and a swim. This morning, Lexi didn't want to go, which was a major shock. Needless to say, the walk sucked, since all I could think about was my little Lexi Lu. I'm starting to prepare myself mentally for the day when she's gone, as if I can do that. She's such a huge part of me, and more important to me than anything else in the world. I will cherish every minute of every day I have left with her. This picture is of me and Lexi, when Lexi was about 8 weeks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My LinkedIn Page: www.linkedin/in/rickwingender
My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=25519379

Followers