Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Whenever Tracy Leaves


Even Murphy’s law isn’t this reliable. Whenever Tracy leaves for a work-trip, it’s usually for a week or so, and there are two things I can count on. First, it will rain. Sometimes, it will rain the entire time she’s gone, creating a mudpit out of the backyard. Then, of course, it will be tracked into the house on sixteen little paws. And that’s not easy to defend against! Sometimes, I think I haven’t seen that much mud since I was at Fort Benning. The other thing I can count on is “accidents”. And I wonder if they are truly accidents. Maybe war has been declared and I just didn’t get the memo. They get plenty of opportunities to go outside. In fact, I think Molly goes outside, does nothing for 20 minutes, then comes back and drops napalm, just to show me who’s really in charge around here. The other day, with Tracy in Vegas, it started raining. I texted her and told her that Murphy’s law #1 was currently in effect, and I was just waiting for #2 to happen. I didn’t have to wait long. Thank god for that steam cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My LinkedIn Page: www.linkedin/in/rickwingender
My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=25519379

Followers