Friday, March 15, 2013

Dogs Are Great For Kids

First, let me say that I think the world would be a much better place if all kids had at least one dog. The lessons they help teach children are invaluable, and the other benefits are great too. Companionship, unequivocal love, obedience (well, sometimes) are all great benefits. Dogs don't bully kids - instead, they invariably want to play and bring a smile to a child's face. Dogs can really help kids learn social skills too, responsibility being the one that always seems to come to mind. I just believe that kids who grow up with dogs are better-adjusted. They love better, and probably make better parents. I think they have a healthier respect for life in general. Oddly, there are people in the world who don’t like dogs. I simply do not trust these people, never will, and make no apologies for that. Dogs aren’t something to be feared – even the meanest dog in the world is purely a reflection of it’s owner’s treatment. So, I don’t buy into the idea that pit bulls are inherently dangerous or vicious. I’ve seen wonderfully sweet pit bulls and rottweilers – and they’re usually that way because they’re treated by their owners with respect and love, and have a healthy “master / dog” relationship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My LinkedIn Page: www.linkedin/in/rickwingender
My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=25519379

Followers