Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dogs are Great for Kids

I don’t really remember when I got my first dog. I know I was a small boy when we suddenly had two dogs, but we didn’t have them very long, as I vaguely remember. I think it was too much hassle for my mother. Still, I remember being fascinated by them. I also remember my neighbors, an older couple named Marie and Lou Charling, who had a German Shepherd. I was warned to be careful around him and not upset him; but what I remember most about that dog was how he came to tolerate and eventually view me as his friend. This was a lesson in socialization, more for me than for the dog, I think, that I never realized I went through until this very moment. That’s why dogs are great for young kids – dogs can teach them so much. And, as you can see in the little video - they're a lot of fun. Ours like kids a lot and find little people very interesting!





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My LinkedIn Page: www.linkedin/in/rickwingender
My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=25519379

Followers