Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Dog's Personality

Dogs are really fascinating to me for a variety of reasons, but one of the more significant reasons is because they all have their own little personalities. When Maggie died, we created a list of 43 things that we loved about her. You’d think a list that long would be hard to create, but it really wasn’t. Sure, there were a few physical traits on the list, but mostly, it was a list of things that Maggie did that made her so endearing to us. We did it again when Cleo died. I didn’t think I’d be able to come up with much to say. Surprisingly, I came up with a list of 44 entries. These lists are now included with each of their “shrines”, a glass terrarium of their stuff that we keep on a bookshelf, to help us remember them.

One of my favorite memories of Maggie is how she'd often chase her own tail until she almost wore out the carpet; and how hard she worked to win over Cleo. Cleo was so funny when I'd come home - she'd greet me at the door, raring up like a horse, doing a "Hi-O Silver!". Or, when she'd get excited, her front legs would do a little tapdance. Lexi was so much fun when she was younger because she loved to race me up a hill we used to live by, and later, she loved chasing Maggie around the back yard. Our most recent addition, Annabelle Joy (Annie), being part Jack Russell, likes to launch herself up at you, and she routinely follows me around the house, nipping at the back of my knees as I walk, demanding attention. And the twins, Molly and Sammi Jo, are practically joined at the hip - I'm so glad we adopted them together. And they all love chasing each other too, as shown in this video from our back yard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My LinkedIn Page: www.linkedin/in/rickwingender
My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=25519379

Followers